Thursday, December 8, 2011

Montsant Marathon Part IV: Return to Carrasclets

After a bit more posing for photos for Pete at Falconera sector this morning, he headed off elsewhere and we went up, along the ledges, and back down again to Carrasclets. In contrast to Tuesday there was virtually no breeze today and it was pretty sweaty in the sun. Can't complain too much though when you hear about the snow and gales in the UK!


Tash enjoying the sunshine on 'Cafe con leche con mas cafe' (6b+) at Falconera.

I then got straight on 'Ciática' and after putting the draws in did it next go. On redpoint the top half felt a lot more sustained than I was expecting and it's definitely droppable well after the crux section where I fell off last weekend. Grade-wise it felt harder than the 8a+ at El Libro from the other day and given my failure on it this time last year it may be more 8a+ than 8a? Either way it's one of Montsant's hidden gems - get to it!



Reaching the sinker pocket at the end of the initial crux section on 'Ciática' (F8a/+?) - still a long way to go though!




The upper pockety wall of 'Ciática' - more what you expect from Montsant.

After ticking the main aim I finished off with a few 7a onsights over at the main Carrasclets Inferior sector in the warm afternoon sunshine. Magic!

No comments:

Post a Comment