Well the heatwave continues, as it seems to be doing in the rest of Europe. Today it was in the mid 20s driving to the crag and reached 34° on the way back this evening! Needless to say, we headed for the shade in Margalef, but even then it was super sweaty. It seems such a shame to be cowering in the shade so early in the year, but I'm guessing the temps won't stay this high for too long. We went to sector Ca La Marta and had the place to ourselves for most of the morning, which was nice. I stupidly 'warmed up' on some tiny and very bouldery 7a's on the right hand side - the first of which involved pulling on tiny pockets up to a crux pulling on a mono - not great to start the day off, but start as you mean to go on, I guess?! So to continue the theme I jumped straight on a 7c and messed up trying to do the crux too quickly when I slapped for a pocket and missed it. Doh! It felt really easy on the redpoint so I was a little vexed to waste the onsight, to say the least, but it was an amazing route - perfect rock and great moves at the crux over the bulge.
After warming up, Tash managed to onsight another 6c+! Next up I got on an 8a that I've wanted to try for ages - 'Twist as Lola'. First go up this it felt HARD, particularly at the bottom thanks to a few tufa holds being wet, and I was close to sacking it off. But when a load of other people arrived and jumped on the other routes I wanted to try, I decided to give it another go. This time it felt much better and I managed to work out all the moves and link some sections but a) I was too tired and b) it felt really sweaty, so I didn't have enough left for a redpoint. Sunbathing down by the river for the rest of the afternoon was a much better idea!
After warming up, Tash managed to onsight another 6c+! Next up I got on an 8a that I've wanted to try for ages - 'Twist as Lola'. First go up this it felt HARD, particularly at the bottom thanks to a few tufa holds being wet, and I was close to sacking it off. But when a load of other people arrived and jumped on the other routes I wanted to try, I decided to give it another go. This time it felt much better and I managed to work out all the moves and link some sections but a) I was too tired and b) it felt really sweaty, so I didn't have enough left for a redpoint. Sunbathing down by the river for the rest of the afternoon was a much better idea!
No comments:
Post a Comment