Despite a murky start to the day, we headed up to La Mussara for a quick climb before work. It was nice to be out again after a few days of resting and then more sitting around waiting for the electrican to come round yesterday.
This morning we went to the Soterrani sector at La Mussara, which had some surprisingly good routes - in particular some really nice crack and corner climbs. After warming up on a 6b+ and 6c+, I did three 7b's one after another - the routes getting steeper and steeper each time. By the third one I was feeling pretty tired (having had no rest between them) and had to fight a bit at the crux when I messed up the sequence and had to do a long move off an undercut mono on some quite steep ground. All three of them were really nice, but the highlight was probably the final one ('El pez mas viejo del rio'), starting up an easy slab before tackling a steep headwall starting with jugs, then small pockets and finally crimps and the undercut mono just before the top - brilliant climbing!
No comments:
Post a Comment