After still not much climbing recently, struggling with motivation and feeling weak and all the other excuses I'm able to come up with, I was quite surprised to repeat the second half of my long-term Mont-roig project last week. Probably thanks to the mint conditions, making the slopers feel usable finally, but I still couldn't manage it from the start. So today I went back and succeeded in finishing it off. Quite surprising really, considering I'm not climbing at all well at the moment, so maybe it's not as hard as I'd first thought. Guidebook grade of font 7c, but I have no idea if this is accurate or not. The other grades in Mont-roig are all over the place, so it could be anything really!
Whatever grade, it's an incredible problem. One of the most satisfying I think I've done, in terms of the process from start to finish, the ace line following the prow all the way, and the quality of moves. Mont-roig isn't exactly a destination in its own right, having only a handful of decent problems, but this one and also Parasiempre (font 7a+?) are well worth a day for anyone in the area wanting a break from sport climbing.
Contracorriente allargada (font 7c?). Sorry for the swearing Mum!
Here's another video of a great 7a from El Cogul a few weeks ago.
No comments:
Post a Comment