The sun finally came on to the face about 3 or 4 pitches from the top. In spite of the agony I was in the whole way up, I couldn't help enjoying it. Here's an excerpt from my climbing log:
"Despite my stomach still cramping painfully, meaning every single movement was agonizing, the climbing was just so incredible I could still enjoy it. Bullet hard water-worn sheets of perfect steep limestone with pockets, crimps, jugs and not a sign of polish the whole way. There wasn't a bad pitch on the entire 17 pitch route (very rare for such a long mountain route) and many of them would have been 3 star classic single pitches! Certainly the best mountain limestone I've climbed on and possibly the best mountain rock period. Shows the Dolomites up to be the tottering choss heap that it is in comparison!" |
No comments:
Post a Comment